Welcome to Venipuncture Training!
We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin your career as a Phlebotomist.
Congratulations on your decision to start your career as a Phlebotomist!
You are entering a field that is in high request, so your chances of getting a job and becoming a Phlebotomist are more than superior!
A phlebotomist skillfully procures and processes blood specimens from inpatients and outpatients as directed to ensure accurate test results. Assigned patient population ranges from pediatric through the geriatric years.
This is a great place to look for Phlebotomist jobs. To the left is a box you can search from and also in the top navigation menu there is a “Jobs” tab that you can click on that will bring you to a bigger page that will be easier to search for jobs from.
Phlebotomy Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent. Formal phlebotomy schooling and/or training, with phlebotomy certification preferred.
Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to work projected schedule, and on occasion, work additional hours or shifts.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Ability to communicate directly as well as via telephone, hospital and laboratory information systems.
- Maintains a professional and physical image to instill confidence at all times when interacting with patients, co-workers and customers.
- Demonstrates patience and tact, respecting patient rights, including patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and accurately Demonstrates the ability to organize and plan work, effectively managing time.